APPLICATION FOR DESIGN & PRODUCTION SPECIALIST MANAGER
DESIGN & PRODUCTION SPECIALIST MANAGER
Are you creative and highly motivated, while being detail oriented? If so, we’re looking for talented and inspired candidates who are focused on teamwork, task completion, and customer satisfaction. If you are looking for a rewarding career, not just another job, then come join our team as a Graphic Designer / Production Department!
As a Graphic Designer / Production team member, you will have a dual role working in our shop and printing area. Will be responsible for creating computer generated vinyl and digital prints that can be applied or printed and mounted to various substrates.
The ideal candidate is a creative, self-motivated team player who can work in an often fast-paced, deadline originated environment and who is determined to make every project look it’s very best!
Previous sign experience is highly desirable but not required. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about creating beautiful looking signage and branding
- Inspects jobs for accuracy before sending them to the plotter or printer
- Provides proofs as necessary
- Work and determine best material for desired jobs.
- Work with management on workflow and inventory
- Maintains accurate electronic and paper record of File Storage
- Follows a layout to place computer-generated vinyl or full color graphic images on a various substrate. Be well versed and learn all possible applications
- Prepares substrates for application
- Performs finishing operations such as laminating, encapsulating, and/or mounting of printed pieces
- Creates proofs and sends to customers using the online proofing system
- Follows a layout to place computer-generated vinyl or full color graphic images on a pre-determined substrate or medium
- Performs quality assurance measures pre-and post-construction
- Prepares comprehensive illustrations, sketches, layouts, and copy for print reproduction according to instructions of client or management.
- High school diploma or GED required; advanced education degree preferred; design degree preferred.
- Experience as a graphic designer, sign-related computer operator, or in desktop publishing required, including an advanced level of experience using Adobe applications
- Strong PC and Mac skills and internet, publishing software, and sign production software skills
- Corel Draw, Flexidesign and Production Manager, illustrator and Photoshop preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic math skills (adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing whole numbers and fractions and converting fractions to decimals and vice versa)
- Able to work well under pressure to output high-volume, high-quality work
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift 50 or more pounds
- Able to use light power equipment
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Company Health Insurance (per company policy)